Monday, January 12, 2009

10 Most Humble Phrases

Researchers at Oxford University compiled a list of the top 10 most irritating expressions.

1. At the end of the day
2. Fairly unique
3. I personally
4. At this moment in time
5. With all due respect
6. Absolutely
7. It’s a nightmare
8. Shouldn’t of
9. 24/7
10. It’s not rocket science

I personally, at this moment in time, would have included “when pigs fly” and “duuuh,” with all due respect. I, of course, am more interested in what would be the 10 most humble phrases? Here are those phrases, in my humble opinion. You may notice that I left out “I’m sorry" (because love means never saying that). I also threw out “it’s my fault” and “go ahead, I deserve it.” I attribute these phrases to low self-esteem, not humility. I would be interested to know which of these ten the reader would omit and what phrases the reader would add. I submit these after very little thought.

10. You choose, it doesn’t matter to me
9. I don’t want it, you can have it
8. Are you okay?
7. You are amazing.
6. And then what happened?
5. Please forgive me
4. What can I do to help?
3. I missed you
2. Thank you
1. God bless you.

No comments: